Action Items from NCOs: (September)
Informational Items from NCOs: (September)
1. SIACs – Please confirm the number of SIACs we have that are broken. I’d also like to know the number we have on backorder.
2. Airmen’s Shadow Program – Folks asked if we could consider starting up an officer and an enlisted shadow program. The shadow program for enlisted should include junior NCOs and Airmen…for officers, CGOs.
3. MAFs/LFs/LCCs Tours - Non-missile field dispatch personnel would like the opportunity to go to the field.
4. Resiliency – We were asked what our vision for MRTs looks like. In the last month I’ve had similar thoughts, but should have thought more about this. Chief Bettisworth has already set up a meeting with our MRT, NCOIC to get questions and provide a vector prior to discussion in the CAT/CAB. OPEN.
5. Speeding – We have a vehicle speeding problem. As I brought this topic up, every single person gave me a personal story regarding speeding. Piute Street, in particular, was brought up. Maybe more patrols or a temp speed bump is the near term solution, but this isn’t just about enforcement. It’s also about education, prevention, and early engineering. I’d like Ground Safety to take the lead on this and work closely with PA, SFS, and CE on a comprehensive program to address the issue.
6. Apiaries – I was asked what my opinion was about apiaries. I asked what an apiary was. I was told it is a collection of beehives. I asked why anyone would think I had an opinion on that but how cool!