F.E. WARREN AIR FORCE BASE, Wyo. --
Over sixty representatives from 90th Missile Wing units, community partners and national agencies came together for a tabletop exercise focused on medical responses and health protection measures March 5 at the Trail’s End Club on F.E. Warren Air Force Base, Wyoming.
Participants included first responders, Cheyenne Regional Medical Center, American Medical Response and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
During this exercise, three different medical scenarios were presented, and the group discussed how the situation would be handled.
“As the military, it is our responsibility to stay prepared for anything,” said Col. Peter Bonetti said, 90th Missile Wing commander. “For the good of our Airmen and neighbors alike, it is extremely important to combine efforts with our community partners.”
Here are some general tips provided by the CDC to prevent the spread of germs:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow, not your hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, for example cell phones.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.