This is an evolving situation and the 90th Missile Wing will provide updated information as it becomes available.
The safety of Team Warren is our highest priority.
F.E. Warren is currently in HPCON Bravo
Mask wear on base is still required as per the direction of the SECDEF
COVID-19 Moderna (18+)
First Dose (5+)
**Immunizations hours of operations**
0730 - 1100 and 1300 - 1600 Monday - Friday
On Family Days: 0730 - 1100
Current as of January 11, 2022
90th Medical Group Monthly Newsletter December 2021
F.E. Warren AFB units and organizations will implement Health Protection Condition Bravo (HPCON B). We have seen a dramatic rise in COVID-19 infections on base and in the community with new variants that are easier to spread.
The following are some of the changes and significant requirements: 1) Mask wear in DoD facilities remains mandatory per DoD guidance. 2) The requirement for Service members to wear face masks off base, to include while on leave, is reinstated. 3) It is highly encouraged for all others to follow this guidance off base. Our fight to protect our community continues, and we must remain vigilant to protect our mission and Team Warren members and families.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the most effective means to achieve control of the pandemic to include obtaining the booster vaccine at the appropriate time. Booster shots are available both on and off-base for members who are 6-months past their second dose of the vaccine. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html
Updates (more details in sections below and to the right):
LOCAL AREA RESTRICTIONS
All F. E. Warren AFB personnel will comply with the following:
All Personnel will comply with DoD, USAF, and unit travel guidelines, and CDC guidelines. Use the following references to determine travel guidance and restrictions:
Weather and Safety Leave (ATAAPS Code: PS) will be used when an employee is quarantined under the direction of a military, state, or federal public health authority, due to potential COVID-19 exposure and the employee is ineligible to telework. If an employee on weather and safety leave as a result of being quarantined tests positive for COVID-19 or begins to exhibit symptoms, the employee will be removed from weather and safety leave and placed in the appropriate leave status.
· All Personnel are authorized to take leave and are encouraged to do so, pursuant to DoD, USAF, and 90 MW policy.
· Refer to unit commander for guidance and/or restrictions on leave/special pass travel as the mission or regional/state/local health conditions necessitate.
· Refer to CDC guidelines for travel at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-during-covid19.html.
· Highly recommend, if not already vaccinated, obtaining the COVID-19 vaccine prior to travel. Travel has proven to be a higher risk activity for contracting COVID-19.
MISSION SUPPORT GROUP AND FORCE SUPPORT
IF SHOWING SYMPTOMS
All personnel will contact 90 MDG Public Health NLT the following business day (Mon - Fri) if the member or any beneficiary receives a positive COVID-19 test result from an off-base provider or testing facility, or at-home testing kit.
Face coverings are required to enter the medical clinic. Single point of entry into MDG is still being maintained. You may now walk-in for ancillary services, such as Immunization, Laboratory, and Radiology. For other services, call the appointment line at 307-773-3461.
Appointments are not being cancelled without first contacting the beneficiary. The clinic is maximizing the use of virtual appointments, including appointments already scheduled. They are slowly increasing patient appointments to 50% face-to-face and 50% telehealth.
They encourage people to register for tolsecuremessaging.com or use Tricare Online to securely message your provider team for referrals, renewing prescriptions, etc.
For Mental Health Services, call 307-773-2998.
IMR processes continue for labs, immunizations, and PHAQ (web). Dental and optometry are slowly phasing back into full service.
For more information, call the appointment line during normal duty hours at 773-3461 and wait for your Primary Care Team to call you back. If after duty hours or on the weekend, call the Nurse Advice Line at 1-800-TRICARE.
Masks must be worn in facilities such as the Base Exchange and AAFES Express.
The Base Exchange now offers curb side pickup through shopmyexchange.com.
AAFES Express hours of operation have changed to 0600 – 2000 Monday through Saturday and 0700 – 1900 on Sunday.
AAFES Express food items (roller grill) will be bagged and placed in the warmer so that customers are not using tongs to access food on the grill.
AAFES Food/Dining: Carry out and drive thru only.
Child Development Center:
- We will resume full-care on 15 June 2020 (pending the ability to have our full care staff return). Temporarily enrolled families will only be able to utilize care if there is space.
- We will continue providing child care to those listed on the Mission Essential (ME) listing until we are able to have all our direct care staff available for work. 15 June 2020 is our targeted date of when we will no longer utilize the ME listing, however, we will keep you informed if this changes.
- Program will continue to call parents weekly to inquire about ME child care .
- We will contact our permanently enrolled families to ascertain if they want to keep their child at home for the time being. If they choose this option, we will not charge them fees and they will keep their slot, however, we will require at least a 2 week notice of when they plan to resume care.
- If we have vacancies due to permanently enrolled families not utilizing care, we can consider allowing those who are temporarily enrolled continued access for care.
- Parents continue to only pay child care fees on a daily basis until 14 June, then pay weekly fees as normal starting 15 June.
- Youth Annex will remain closed through majority of June and re-open on 29 June for normal operations (provided we are able to staff appropriately at the Youth Center).
- We will continue providing care those listed on the Mission Essential (ME) listing until we are able to have all our direct care staff available for work (see timeline below).
- School Age Care Summer Camp will start on 15 June 2020.
- Open registration on MCC.com 1-5 June, make offers for child care on 8 June. Prioritization is based on MCC.com priorities.
- Parents pay weekly child care fees for Summer Camp starting 15 June 2020, regardless if the child attends each day during the week.
- We will gradually increase our numbers of enrolled children in our School Age Program through the summer (we will keep you posted if we are able to adjust the below numbers).
- 15-26 Jun: 36 children enrolled
- 29 Jun-20 Jul: 48 children
- 20 Jul- 7 Aug: 60 children
- 10-21 Aug: 72 children
The commissary will remain open with these restrictions:
- 100% I.D. card checks at the entrance; no visitors allowed.
- Masks must be worn at all times. They will turn people away for not having a mask. Children under two should not wear masks.
- "Early bird" shopping hours have been eliminated to allow more time for cleaning and re-stocking of the store. This means the commissary opens at 0900 Tuesday through Saturday and opens at 1000 on Sunday.
Until further notice, the finance customer service counter will be closed. The following services are the only ones currently offered. For assistance with separation/retirement email either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. For assistance with inprocessing email either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. For assistance with DTS email either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MPF remains open 7:30-4:30. To contact the office, the phone number is 307-773-4711. To schedule an appointment for a new I.D. go to the Rapids Appointment Scheduler website. Walk-ins are permitted with social distancing enforced.
- Fam Camp: Open reservations to members with access to the installation.
- Adventure Park: Opening operations to include axe throwing and disc golf by appointment only.
- Outdoor Rec: Mon/Thur/Fri with expanded hours 0800-1600.
- Awake Coffee: Open Monday-Friday 0700-1100. Max of 10 people in the building. Seating will ensure social distancing.
- Bowling Center: Open for food and beverage dine-in options Monday-Friday 0700-0900, 1100-1300, and 1630-1830. Max of 20 people in building.
- Trails End: Continues to offer reservations by appointment for official functions. Considering Wrangler Lounge operations in July.
- Du Jour: Hours are Wednesday-Friday 11:00-1:30 and Thursday-Friday 4-6 for take-out and dine-in. Max of 24 people for dine-in, seating will maximize social distancing. Also offering new delivery service for lunch/dinner hours of operation.
- Arts & Crafts: Walk-in operations Tuesday-Friday 1000-1400.
- Archery: Open with appointment only.
- Auto Skills: Open with appointment only.
- Tennis Courts: Open with social distancing.
- Theater: Open with social distancing requirements, with max occupancy restrictions.
- Outdoor Basketball courts: Open but no contact sports!
Freedom Hall Fitness Center: Monday – Sunday 0600-1800 AD/Guard/Reserve/DoD Civilians and Dependents/Retirees
Independence Hall Fitness Center: Monday – Friday 0600-1230 AD/Guard/Reserve/DoD Civilians and Dependents/Retirees; 1300-1800 DSI only
Aquatic Center: Open for lap swim only M/W/F 1000-1400.
- Patrons must bring and carry a face covering. Face coverings are to be worn when entering the facility, and if you are within 6 feet of another patron while using all weight equipment. Masks not required during cardio.
- No 24-Hour Access
- Locker rooms, basketball courts, racquetball courts remain closed
The Drive-Thru Pharmacy Pickup is still the primary method of medication pickup. Drive-up operations are from 1000-1500 hours Monday through Friday for all beneficiaries.
Prescriptions will not be filled the same day. Prescriptions will be filled in 72 hours and will need to be scheduled for pick-up. They can be picked up at the tent outside of the clinic.
To activate a prescription call 307-773-3638; this is a direct line to the pharmacy, so it is also a good number to call if you have any questions regarding your prescription.
For refills, you can do an automated refill, request it online, or call 307-773-2330. Please follow the guidance of calling in your refills within 1-2 weeks before you are going to run out.
For all prescriptions, call the scheduling line at 307-773-4643 to schedule a time to pick-up from the tent. If you do not schedule a time, you will be turned away.
They are encouraging people with recurring prescriptions to have their prescriptions delivered to their home through ExpressScripts. This helps with social distancing.
If you need a same-day prescription filled, you can send it to a pharmacy in town.
IF SHOWING SYMPTOMS
All personnel will contact 90 MDG Public Health NLT the following business day (Mon - Fri) if the member or any beneficiary receives a positive COVID-19 test result from an off-base provider or testing facility.
Follow the following procedures for members who have COVID-19 non-emergency symptoms. If member is experiencing emergency warning signs, seek emergency medical care immediately.
• Uniformed service members will contact the 90 MDG Appointment Line at 307-773-3461, Monday through Friday from 0730 – 1630L. After hours and weekends, if symptoms are mild and the member feels comfortable waiting until the next duty day, call the 90 MDG Appointment Line in the morning. Otherwise, call the nurse advice line for further guidance.
• Active duty service members with symptoms who go downtown for COVID testing will obtain prior authorization from the 90 MDG or Nurse Advice Line.
• DoD civilians, dependents, and contractors should contact local Urgent Care or their physician for guidance.
• Contact your unit leadership prior to reporting to work or other areas on base to establish a plan, to include possible Restriction of Movement (ROM).
IF POSSIBLE CONTACT
Procedures for members who have had possible contact with someone who is potentially positive for COVID-19:
• If a member has been exposed, or has concerns regarding possible close contact with a COVID-19 positive individual, contact Public Health at 307-773-3040.
• Public Health will determine if contact tracing is appropriate and make the determination if the individual needs to quarantine, test, or to call the 90 MDG Appointment Line.
COVID-19 symptoms include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Please visit the Center of Disease Control website for more information.
Gate Access Information
For base access information visit Base Access link.
Access/passes for sponsoring families and friends on base is now authorized.
Visitor Center hours: Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
When the Visitor Center is closed go through Gate 2.