Colonel Stacy J. Huser is the Commander of the 90th Missile Wing, Francis E. Warren Air Force Base, Wyo. The wing’s 4,200 military, civilian and contractor personnel defend the United States with combat-ready Airmen and nuclear forces. They provide strategic nuclear deterrence by operating, maintaining, securing and supporting 150 Minuteman III Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles which are constantly ready to launch at the direction of the President of the United States.
Colonel Huser commissioned through Officer Training School in 1996 after earning a bachelor’s degree in psychology from North Central College, Naperville, Ill. She has extensive experience in space and missile operations. She has served as a space operations crew member, instructor and training manager as well as an ICBM combat crew commander, evaluator and chief of emergency war order plans. Colonel Huser commanded the 625th Strategic Operations Squadron, Offutt AFB, Neb. She also completed staff tours in the Secretary of the Air Force's Legislative Liaison Office and at U.S. Strategic Command. Prior to assuming her current position, Colonel Huser commanded the 91st Operations Group, Minot AFB, N.D.
1994 Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology, North Central College, Naperville, Ill.
2001 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 Master of Arts degree in education, Troy University, Troy, Ala.
2008 Master of Science degree in strategic intelligence, National Defense Intelligence College, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Washington, D.C.
2008 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2015 Senior Military Fellowship, Stanford University, Palo Alto, Calif.
2015 Air War College, by correspondence
2016 Leadership Development Program, San Diego, Calif.
2017 Joint and Combined Warfighter School, Naval Station Norfolk, Va.
1. June 1996 - November 1996, student, global positioning system payload system operator initial qualification training, 534th Training Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
2. November 1996 - January 1999, payload system operator and senior navigation payload analyst, 2d Space Operations Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
3. January 1999 - March 2002, instructor, training developer and military training manager, 534th Training Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
4. March 2002 - July 2002, student, Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile initial qualification training, 392nd Training Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
5. July 2002 - July 2006, missile combat crew commander, senior standardization & evaluation crew commander and chief of wing emergency war order plans, 341st Missile Wing, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
6. July 2006 - August 2007, congressional liaison officer, Secretary of the Air Force Legislative Liaison Office, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
7. August 2007 - July 2008, student, National Defense Intelligence College, Defense Intelligence Agency, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Washington, D.C.
8. July 2008 - June 2010, ICBM force employment planner and chief of ICBM strike targeting, United States Strategic Command Joint Functional Component Command for Global Strike Plans Directorate, Offutt AFB, Neb.
9. June 2010 - June 2011, Director of Operations, 625th Strategic Operations Squadron, Offutt AFB, Neb.
10. June 2011 - June 2013, Commander, 625th Strategic Operations Squadron, Offutt AFB, Neb.
11. June 2013 - July 2014, senior executive officer to the Commander, Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale AFB, La.
12. July 2014 - July 2015, senior military fellow, Stanford University, Palo Alto, Calif.
13. August 2015 - June 2017, Commander, 91st Operations Group, Minot AFB, N.D.
14. June 2017 - present, Commander, 90th Missile Wing, F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with five oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with 'N' device and one oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 21, 1996
First Lieutenant June 21, 1998
Captain June 21, 2000
Major July 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel Dec. 1, 2010
Colonel Aug. 1, 2015
(Current as of June 2017)